And the sound this week is~

a few of my easy listening favorites~

13 July 2007

Fridays and Funny Faces

It's Friday, the 13th! And I've had such a great one. Lisa McMichael, one of my best friends, drove with me to take Miss Marley Dog Hood back to her mommy. Leslie met us at the Mississippi-Alabama state line and was so glad to get her baby back. The weather was nice, the drive uneventful and we talked and laughed and talked and laughed some more. We dashed back to Prattville in time to have a delicious salad plate in historic downtown Prattville! If you've never taken the time to visit our downtown area, you need to do so. Not only do you have the family owned shoppes, but there's just something about walking on sidewalks that were placed there over a hundred years ago~

Hadn't been home long & Jenny called asking if I was ready for a workout. Just what I needed after a good lunch! I did the right thing and told her to come by and pick me up. Came home totally worn out, but glad I'd worked off those crackers I had with my salad. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Johnny & I went up to the garden yesterday evening and brought home some veggies, so tonight I'll be shelling peas, cutting up squash, and planning recipes around tomatoes!! Next year he's building some raised beds here at the house so he won't have to go far to maintain a garden. Now, get this straight. Nancy does NOT do the planting, the weeding, or the picking. Nancy does the cleaning, the shelling, the shucking, the washing, the cleaning, and the prep for freezing. I can't stand the weeds, the heat, and the chiggers!! Johnny doesn't seem to mind this arrangement, so we're good. By the way, I have a really good recipe for a tomato pie that I got from a dear friend. Easy and delicious! However, I am in need of a recipe for tomato gravy. Johnny promises me it is too good!

So until I'm a bit more rested~and contemplative, be satisfied with tonight's blog. My Friday the 13th has been a blast, but I'm not the superstitious sort anyway. Find moments to rest your mind and soul~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hey,Jim! this is for you! {Note the silly look on Ian's face.}




No comments: