29 October 2007
22 October 2007
21 October 2007
I lived in Aurora, Colorado for awhile during the fall/winter season and absolutely loved it! Had conditions been different, I really think I'd have stayed and made a life there. I learned to snow ski and that it was possible to have snow on Mother's Day! And the Rockies ~ wow. If you've never seen them, you've missed a treat. They are so different from our Smokies, the two are not even comparable. It's one of my dreams to take Johnny to Snowbird, Utah one winter to see the view from a condo. Breathtaking view. Great food. Awesome.
Jenny took the picture this afternoon after lunch. A breeze caught my skirt and it looks like the crinolines I used to wear many, many years ago. I think this picture will become one of my very favorites of us. Me, and this man I love.
The week is already looking busy, but fun. The Holiday Market is this week and I have plans for that. Should be lots of fun!! It will be at Garrett Coliseum so parking won't be a problem and there's to be over 100 vendors!! This event just continues to grow. Prattville will have their Mistletoe Market November 2-3 this year at the Doster Center. Jenny and I have a tradition of going each year and then out to lunch. The good Lord willing, we'll do it again this year too!
I'll be posting a few other pictures that were taken today, but wanted to give Jen the chance to post them on her blog first. I hope your week will be filled with laughter and memory making moments. Until another time~
20 October 2007
18 October 2007
17 October 2007
On another note, congratulations to a dear friend of mine, Lynne Griffies! Her son and his wife just had the first grandchildren~for both sides! Can you grandmothers out there remember what it felt like when that happened to you! I know that Johnny and I were over the moon when Stacey told us one Christmas trip that their 'junk room' would be a nursery. The following Mother's Day, Jenny gave me a card saying "I'm pregnant!" at the bottom! Christmas 2004 we had two grandsons to shop for, snuggle on, and ooh-and-ah over. Now it's Lynne and Allen's turn. The fun has just begun for them~
I love this time of year. Now, if it would just get cooler. And stay that way! La Nina apparently has a warmer and dryer winter ahead for us. Rats. I much preferred her brother, El Nino. The rest of my week is going to be filled with family, girlfriends, and food. Some of my very favorites! Here's hoping your week is filled with much the same~until,
15 October 2007
1. Who is your man? Johnny Hood
2. How long have you been together? February 27th will be 25 years!
3. How long did you date? ONLY 4 months!! Very impulsive but, oh, so right!
4. How old is your man? 57
5. Who eats more? He does in quantity, but I enjoy the flavor of food more!
6. Who said "I love you " first? I did, then was afraid I'd said it too soon in the relationship. I have a habit of saying what I feel before I think. He felt the same, he's just a cautious individual.
7. Who is taller? Johnny is!
8. Who sings better? I think he does.
9. Who is smarter? He says I have book sense, he has common sense :) He also says he thinks with his head and I think with my heart so we compliment each other well.
10. Whose temper is worse? His! It takes more for me to get ugly.
11. Who does the laundry? ME! I don't want him washing our clothes! LOL
12. Who takes out the garbage? He does normally.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Johnny has always liked sleeping closer to the door, but since the recovery period I sleep better if I DON'T sleep in my regular spot. Yeah, I know. I'm working through these OCD's.
14. Who pays the bills? My ex-husband always took care of the bills, Johnny's ex-wife always did, so when we married neither of us was good at it. We manage :)
15. Who is better with a computer? Definitely me
16. Who mows the lawn? NOT ME!
17. Who cooks dinner? I cook, he grills~
18. Who drives when you are together? Johnny does. He's had way more tickets, but he gets critical and nit picky when I drive.
19. Who pays when you go out? Depends on who picks the check up first, usually Johnny.
20. Who is most stubborn? Ummm, I'd have to say me.
21. Who is the 1st to admit when they are wrong? me
22. Whose parents do you see the most? John's parents have both passed on, my dad has also crossed over, and my mother is busy these days.
23. Who kissed who first? It took him four dates, but Johnny kissed me first.
24. Who asked who out? Well, he was working a lot with UPS so our dates consisted of coming over to visit Jenny and me. In fact, we never had a date alone. We were either with his brother and his wife, or Jenny was with us. But he asked if he could come over :)
25. Who proposed? Johnny, after a 35 minute talk telling me what kind of wife he wanted. When he finally quit talking-and pacing around my dad's pool table-I asked, "Does this woman you're looking for have any particular color hair?" He smiled and said, "As a matter of fact, she's a blonde". aawww
26. Who is more sensitive? me, although he'll cry easily where our daughters and grandbabies are concerned
27. Who has more friends? we probably have about the same amount
28. Who has more siblings? we have the same
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Johnny Hood. I have opinions, but he's always worn the pants.
30. Any regrets? None at all. I'd marry him again~
11 October 2007
Here's a shot of brother and sister riding together in what, I'm sure, is the Kiddie section of the fair. All of the pictures Stacey sent don't have the grime and filthiness that I saw at our State Fair the last time I went. Maybe it's because they're in the kiddie part, maybe it's because it's daylight. Hopefully, it's not because Alabama has less pride. But I'll withdraw any criticism since I haven't been in a number of years. Pictures in the Advertiser, though, seemed to back up me up.
One of the shots of Austin brought to mind a shot of Ian. I've posted them both here in order to show Pa this evening when he gets home. Maybe somebody needs a horsie at their house! Austin is riding at the Fair and Ian was at a local outing downtown. Think there's a horse in the future of one or both?!
I am so in love with these children. Or have I said that already? Have a blessed day~
10 October 2007
I hope to get some pictures soon of our Mississippi babes in their Trick or Treat costumes, and hopefully some fall snapshots as well. Johnny and I are so in love with these children of our daughters and so proud of the parents raising them.
The weekend should be cooler, and maybe bring some rain. My area is becoming very decorated with nature's bounty, along with scarecrows and owls! If you haven't visited downtown Prattville, I urge you to do so. It's truly worth the trip. Have a thankful Thursday!
08 October 2007
02 October 2007
I saw this picture of an old greeting card and thought it quite odd that it shows leaves from our fall season, yet there are Christmas wishes noted. Makes me wonder where this card originated and who it was sent to~
Sitting at our local Cracker Barrel the other morning I began looking at the vintage shots of wedding couples and wedding parties as I waited on my breakfast. They were actual shots and I thought it sad that somehow these tintypes had gotten away from the family. Now I realize that one can't hold on to things forever, but at one time these couples were real and loved and laughed and cried just as I do. Now they're only pictures in a store and memories in, maybe, a family bible.
The weather is cooler and the leaves are beginning to fall at my house! And NOT because of the drought. They're turning colors and drifting down onto our deck. This is one of my favorite seasons and I wouldn't miss it for the world. So, "Greetings and Christmas Wishes"!