And the sound this week is~

a few of my easy listening favorites~

31 December 2007

It's been such a great day here at our home. With John working 12 hour shifts, our sleep patterns are messed up~again. We sleep until 1:30 am (and while he stays up and works!) I find myself going to bed around 5:30 in the morning and sleeping until noon or after. BUT not anymore!! He's here to stay all night!! What a great way to spend New Year's Eve. He was to have worked, but plans changed as he left to come home this afternoon. So we went to Logan's Roadhouse, had a delicious meal with conversation, laughter, and handholding. I do so love this man~
Afterwards we drove across Cobbs Ford to the Bass Pro Shop and walked around. He shopped while I went and sat in front of the aquarium to watch the fish being fed. The children that gathered were so excited and it was a happy moment for all. You can't help but grin when little ones begin giggling and squealing!
Now we're home watching a close game between the Auburn and Clemson Tigers. However, I think John's ready to tuck himself in and get a good night's rest, so I don't know if he'll stay up to finish the game. (It's not like he's an Auburn fan anyway!) I hear the fireworks beginning to sound in our subdivision and it will soon be a new year.
We have such high expectations for 2008 and have to tell you we're so excited. I grow stronger each day and although there are still days that aren't so good, they are still so much better than some others I can recall! John said tonight he wants to work on being more positive this year and I want to make more time for Bible study.
I hope your year gets off to a good start and that as challenges come, you'll rise to meet them; and when the tears fall, good friends will support you; and when delight brightens your days, may you have loved ones to share it with~
Happy New Year's and may God bless you and yours richly.

1 comment:

Leah said...

You are such an inspiration...I just love your blogs, they always make me happy!