And the sound this week is~

a few of my easy listening favorites~

16 August 2007

Dry Days, Dry Grass

Oh, the frustrations of a drought. Mind you, I'm not talking the type of drought that turns thousands of acres into dust bowls. I'm talking the kind that turns flowers and small trees into brown statues and grass that crunches when you walk across it. This evening I went out to water my ivy and a few ferns that are still managing to maintain some sort of green. The ivy is doing great! The ferns are trying.
Listening to the news earlier, we heard that Texas is in for more rain. Rain they say they don't need! Wouldn't it be nice if we could just move it this way?! Then maybe the temperatures would break and the heat would go away for awhile! I'm sounding like one of those "the grass is always greener somewhere else". BUT, everyone's yard is just like ours!! Honestly though, I'm ready for cooler weather, wetter weather, and a break in the sound of the air conditioner running.

1 comment:

Mandy Mc said...

Hey Miss Nancy! I'm so glad that you found my blog. I've enjoyed reading yours and looking at the pictures of your beautiful grandchildren. :-)