And the sound this week is~

a few of my easy listening favorites~

31 August 2007

It's Raining!

It's raining, it's raining, it's really really raining! Wow, I went out to get the paper this morning and a dove was in the yard near the drive getting bugs! Didn't even react as I walked closer. In fact, it didn't even act as if I was there! Guess the much needed rain bringing out the ground insects overrides the need to fly away from a human figure in 'jammies. Either that or we have a deaf and somewhat blind bird outside!

Rain has such a beautiful way of refreshing not only the land but our hearts and souls. Who amongst us hasn't inhaled the scent of rain on a dry land and relished the smell? Johnny keeps talking about the need to cut the grass and trim the edges. I'm all for letting the weeds grow and just enjoying the brief respite from the dryness and the heat. May it continue to "come on down"!

No comments: